Except for one small thing.
When you start up the computer, you get a couple of weird error boxes that pop up when the desktop first shows up, that look something this:
It could be any number of windows and the file and path name could be entirely different, but they will look similar to this.
This is just the debris left over from the virus infestation. It's a dead body of the invader left on the battlefield after your side has won.
Making it go away is simple. Follow the steps below and you're pretty much guaranteed to get rid of those messages. If they continue, you've got other problems and should be dealt with accordingly. This is all about clean up though.
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on the Run button.
- In the window that opens up type in "msconfig". This will bring you to the System Configuration Utility.
- On the far right, under the Startup tab, look under the Command line, scroll down and look for the specific file that is being called in the error. On the left, remove the check from the Startup Item associated with the file.
- On the bottom, click Apply, then OK.
- A pop up box will appear that asks if you want to restart the computer. You'll need to do so to have the above take place.
When your computer restarts, look for the error pop up. I'm willing to bet they won't be there.
A winner is you! Woohoo!